Creating a website cannot be done carelessly. There are various things that must be done, so that the website that you create will be able to represent the products, services, or the soul of your company.
Therefore, in this article, we will provide an explanation of the steps on how to create a website.
If we talk about making a website, there are several steps that must be considered, namely:
Step 1: Determine Website Ideas
Determining ideas and topics is the first thing you should do before creating a website. Just browse the internet and you can find dozens to hundreds of ideas there. Believe me, with the right execution, ideas and topics on your website can have the potential to generate a lot of money.
Start by determining the main goals and functionalities that you want to implement on your website. Here are some of the types of websites most people make:
- E-commerce website. Online stores are one of the most visited sites at the moment. With the growing popularity of the drop shipping method, everyone has the same opportunity to create their online business, which of course can be a major or side business opportunity.
- Blog. If you choose to create a blog website, then you can make it a platform for business activities (for example, affiliates, reviews, niche blogs) or that review hobbies and activities (traveling, food, music, and books).
- Portfolios. Create a portfolio site to get various benefits, such as job calls and interviews, taking part in competitions or competitions, and business offers.
After knowing what kind of website to be made, then choosing hosting and a platform for websites will be easier.
Step 2: Register a Domain Name
Think about a unique and catchy name for your website, then register it as your website domain.
Step 3: Choose Web Hosting
The next step on how to create a website is to choose a reliable and trusted hosting. There are various web hosting options, but look for one that suits your online project needs.
Step 4: Choose a Platform and Create a Website
It’s time the process of how to create a website begins! Remember, making a website is very dependent on the foundation that you make. Even ideas and topics that have been created previously also determine what your website will be like.
Berikut empat tool yang sering digunakan:
- Content Management System. The best choice for blogs and websites that publish various articles / content. WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal are three examples of CMS.
- E-commerce scripts. Judging from the name alone we already know that this software is used if you want to create an online store. Prestashop, Magento, and WooCommerce are examples of e-commerce scripts.
- Website builder. Tool that offers the convenience of making a website without having to know and master the programming language. Take advantage of the drag-and-drop interface that is equipped with various features!
- Self-coded website. If you understand web development, then creating a self-coded site is not easy. Although the manufacturing process takes a lot of effort and time, you can run any features that are important for website development.
Step 5: Create a Plan for Developing Your Website
Now you already know the various types of web hosting and the best tools for creating websites. However, the journey was not over. On the contrary, the journey has just begun!
Determining the niche and direction in which your website will be developed is one of the most important things that should not be done. Without careful planning, it could be that everything seems futile and messy.
For example, if you like reading, creating a blog to review what books have been and are being read is a good first step towards success. Or you can also create a blog about cooking tips if cooking is your passion.
Seeing and knowing what people are often looking for on the internet can also provide a general picture of the content / products that should be owned and developed.
The best and maximum results will be obtained if you create a website about a topic or niche that you truly master. This way, you are able to produce quality content and are constantly creative and creative.
Well, that’s the information about how to create a website. Hopefully this article can help you create a website as needed. Good luck!